The Summit themes, key partners, and SIS Innovator of the Year Award applications have also been announced.
Its flagship summit will take place at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles on June 6-7, 2023, with Steve Aoki as the headliner. As part of this two-day, purpose-driven gathering, Landmark Ventures will bring together corporate leaders, funders, government and nonprofit leaders, and celebrities from innovative organizations to discuss critical issues.
Among the topics presented at the Social Innovation Summit are education, health and wellness, technology for good, corporate leadership, economic empowerment, social justice, philanthropy, environmental issues, sustainability, and more.
Through the “SIS Innovator of the Year Awards,” a select group of community leaders will be honored as part of the Social Innovation Summit’s mission to highlight the most innovative leaders tackling the most pressing social issues. By Monday, May 1, 2023, SIS will accept nominations for organizations and individuals through the SIS website.
The Social Innovation Summit is produced in collaboration with Amazon Web Services, KPMG, Blackbaud, UBS, Comcast NBCUniversal, Lululemon, Cruise, Guild Education, Prison Fellowship, Best Buy, Horizon Therapeutics, Blackstone, Lyft, Discovery Education, AARP, 18Coffees, The Giving Back Fund, and media partner Upworthy.
The Social Innovation Summit is an annual event that brings together thought leaders, innovators, and social entrepreneurs from around the world to share their insights and experiences on how to create sustainable solutions for the world’s most pressing social problems.
Founded in 2009, the summit has become a platform for some of the most innovative ideas and solutions in social entrepreneurship. The event takes place over two days and includes keynote speeches, panel discussions, and networking opportunities.
The summit covers a broad range of topics, including education, healthcare, poverty, sustainability, and social justice. It is an opportunity for participants to learn from each other, share best practices, and connect with like-minded individuals who are passionate about creating positive social change.
One of the key themes of the Social Innovation Summit is the role of technology in social innovation. The summit explores how emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, and virtual reality can be used to address social challenges and improve the lives of people around the world.
Another important theme of the summit is the importance of collaboration and partnerships in social innovation. The summit highlights the need for cross-sector collaboration between businesses, government, and non-profit organizations to achieve meaningful social impact.
The summit also features a pitch competition, where social entrepreneurs have the opportunity to showcase their innovative solutions to a panel of judges and a live audience. The winner receives funding and support to help bring their idea to life.
Over the years, the Social Innovation Summit has attracted a diverse group of speakers and participants from around the world, including CEOs, philanthropists, activists, and government officials. Some of the notable speakers who have participated in the summit include Arianna Huffington, former President Bill Clinton, and actor and activist Ashton Kutcher.
The Social Innovation Summit is not just an event but a movement that aims to inspire and empower people to create positive social change. It provides a platform for individuals and organizations to share their ideas and collaborate on solutions that can have a lasting impact on society.
In conclusion, the Social Innovation Summit is an important event that brings together some of the most innovative minds in social entrepreneurship. It is an opportunity for participants to learn from each other, share best practices, and connect with like-minded individuals who are passionate about creating positive social change. The summit highlights the importance of technology, collaboration, and partnerships in social innovation and inspires participants to take action to make the world a better place.
Current Confirmed Speakers for the 2023 Social Innovation Summit will include:
- Steve Aoki, Grammy Nominated DJ, Producer, Entrepreneur & Investor
- Kathy Carter, Chief Executive Officer – LA28 Olympic & Paralympic Games
- Ayele Shakur, President – Redstone Family Foundation
- Maura Pally, Executive Director, Blackstone Charitable Foundation – Blackstone
- Elyse Cohen, President, Rare Impact Fund; Vice President, Social Impact & Inclusion – Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez
- Darnell Strom, Partner & Head of the Culture and Leadership Division – United Talent Agency
- Gerald Chertavian, Founder & CEO – Year Up
- Aria Finger, Chief Of Staff – Office of Reid Hoffman
- Veena Jayadeva, Head of Enterprise ESG & Chief of Staff, Chief Information & Operations Officer – Guardian Life
- Alia McCants, Director, Social Impact – Peloton
- Dean Carter, Chief People & Purpose Officer – Guild Education
- Rembrandt Flores, Founder of 8Commas & Co-Founder of Flowing Ventures
- Sara Guderyahn, Executive Director, Chicago Blackhawks Foundation; Vice President, Social Impact & Outreach – Chicago Blackhawks
- Vicki Shabo, Senior Fellow, Paid Leave Policy and Strategy, Better Life Lab – New America
- Fred Tan, Deputy Director, HPE Foundation; Global Lead, Social Impact Strategy – Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Holly Copeland, Executive Director, Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainability & Impact – Horizon Therapeutics
- Brooke Hanson, Director, Emerging Issues & Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy – AT&T
- Tom Davidson, Executive Vice President, Corporations – Blackbaud
- Trent Fuenmayor, Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships – The Trevor Project
- Courtney della Cava, Senior Managing Director & Global Head of Portfolio Talent & Organizational Performance – Blackstone
- Trooper Sanders, Chief Executive Officer – Benefits Data Trust
- Sarah Glickstein, Head of Social Impact – Visible
- Mana Purdy, Assistant to the President – Liliʻuokalani Trust
- Mahrinah Shije, Chief Executive Officer – NGO Pueblo Development Commission
- Catherine Clinch, Chair, Career Longevity Committee – Writers Guild of America West
- Rob Richardson, CEO & Founder – Disruption Now Media
- David Hardy Jr., CEO & Co-Founder – Made By Change
- Caleb Gardner, Managing Partner – 18 Coffees
- Charles Ray Patton II, Author & Poet – Red Lion Poetry
- Mel Ochoa, Chief Operating Officer & General Partner – Landmark Ventures
- Olivia Brooks Allan, Executive Vice President & Head of Events – Landmark Ventures
- Zeev Klein, Founder & Curator of Social Innovation Summit; General Partner – Landmark Ventures…among others!
To view the full Social Innovation Summit speaker roster and agenda, visit the website. To engage with Summit-related conversations, please follow the event hashtag #SIS23 and the event pages on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter. Register to attend https://web.cvent.com/event/964f18cc-1acf-466b-97cb-01f7331157f2/register